INTRODUCTION ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The department was established in 1985 to develop a comprehensive program in Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Interventions with clinical, educational and research components.
The department has since evolved from basic radiographic and cardiac angiographic examinations to all types of current, state-of-the-art cardiovascular imaging and endovascular interventions.
The department currently caters to clinical requirements of the entire CT Centre and other allied departments at AIIMS as well as conducts:
- DM program in Cardiovascular Radiology and Endovascular Interventions
- MSc program for training technologists in advanced Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Techniques
- Provides educational support to DM Cardiology, MCh CTVS and DM Cardiac Anesthesia courses
- Conducts an active international observership and training program for allied specialists from emerging world countries
- Trains specialists from various institutes within India