CENTRE FOR INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE AND RESEARCH (CIMR)
The Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research is a pioneering initiative by AIIMS, New Delhi in the quest for convergence of contemporary medicine with India’s ancient and traditional medical practices. The centre at the premier institute of the country shall be dedicated to research, documentation and delivery of holistic healthcare. It has been envisioned as a “state of the art” research centre where top experts from various disciplines of contemporary medicine will collaborate with Yoga and Ayurveda specialists, both for disease treatment, and for preventive healthcare. The Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research was inaugurated on 22nd of June 2016 by Shri J.P Nadda, honourable Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare and president AIIMS, in the presence of Prof M.C. Mishra, director, AIIMS, New Delhi and Dr H.R. Nagendra, chancellor, Swami Vivekananda Yoga AnusandhanaSamsthana, Banglore.
The Mandate of the Centre shall be the following:
- To develop scientifically validated and customized integrative medicine solutions for disease states.
- To understand the feasibility and applicability of making Yoga a cost effective and mass health care modality.
- To make extensive collaborations with the clinical and research departments in AIIMS in order to produce acceptable scientific evidence for our traditional medicine systems.
- To develop transformational research in health care that aims to achieve international acceptability in the field of Yoga therapy
- To serves as a point of interaction among different systems of medicine, physicians and researchers.