Name–Dr. Raja Pramanik
Qualification: MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Medical Oncology)
Designation- Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Oncology
Address- Room No. 216, Department of Medical Oncology, 2nd Floor, Dr B.R.A-I.R.C.H ,AIIMS , Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029
Contact Info :Email – यह ईमेल पता spambots से संरक्षित किया जा रहा है. आप जावास्क्रिप्ट यह देखने के सक्षम होना चाहिए.
Academic Career – Dr. Raja Pramanik graduated from the R.G.Kar Medical College of Calcutta University and received his MD degree in Internal Medicine from Patna Medical College, Patna University. He did his senior resident ship in Medical oncology at theDr. B. R. A- IRCH, AIIMS, New Delhi and completed his DM degree in Medical Oncology from AIIIMS. He was recruited as a faculty in Medical Oncology at the Dr. B R A –IRCH, AIIMS, New Delhi in 2016. Caring for cancer patients, research to improve their care and clinical teaching are his greatest passions.
Area of Expertise- Dr.Pramanik is a member of the multidisciplinary teams at Dr. B.R.A-IRCH taking care of the Gastro-intestinal cancers (e.g. cancers in the esophagus, stomach, liver, gall bladder, Colon and rectum) and Head and Neck cancers and routinely takes care of these patients in the OPD and wards. He also has keen interest in Clinical Cancer genetics, genetic counselling and research. He also actively participates in clinical services for adult haematological malignancies e.g. Hodgkins lymphoma, NHL, Acute and Chronic Leukemias and Multiple myeloma.
Research Interests:Esophageal cancer, Clinical Cancer genetics, immuno-oncology, Translational oncology, Metronomic chemotherapy.
1. Received the prestigious “Brigid Leventhal Merit Award” in June 2016 at the Annual meeting of American Society of Clinical Oncology(ASCO), in Chicago for the best abstract in Paediatric Oncology by a fellow, as determined by the Program Committee's Paediatrics Subcommittee.
2. Received IDEA Award (International Development and Education Award) 2016 from American Society of Clinical Oncology, in Chicago, June 2016.
3. Received “Young oncologists Investigator Award” (YIA) from the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP) for the year 2016. (Annual Meeting, Dublin, Ireland).
4. Received Travel Grant from ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology) to attendESMO Academy-2016, at Oxford, United Kingdom in August 2016.
5. Received the“ESMO–Image of the year Award” 2015 from European Society for Medical Oncology.
6. Received Travel grant from Department of Science & Technology to attend the 15th International Myeloma Workshop in Rome, Sept 2015. (presented two posters on Engraftment syndrome and POEMS syndrome)
7. Indian Society for Medical and Paediatric Oncology (ISMPO) Gold medal exam 2016, Chennai: 2nd runner-up prize.
8. Received Travel Grant from European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) to attend ESMO Asia Conference in Singapore in December 2015.
9. Received Travel Grant from European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) to attend Preceptorship meet in Gastric Cancer in August 2015 in Brussels, Belgium.
10. Honours in Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Preventive & Social Medicine, (MBBS)
11. Gold medal in ENT, Preventive & Social Medicine(MBBS)
Membership of Professional bodies:
1. Member: European Society for Medical Oncology, (ESMO).
2. Member: American Society of Clinical Oncology, (ASCO).
3. Member: Indian Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology,(ISMPO)
4. Member: Paediatric Hemato-Oncology chapter of Inadian Academy of Paediatrics (PHO-IAP)
1. Pramanik R, Agarwala S, Gupta Y K, Bakhshi S; et al. Metronomic Chemotherapy vs Best Supportive Care in Progressive Pediatric Solid Malignant Tumors: A Randomized Clinical Trial JAMA Oncol. Published online April 6, 2017. doi:10.1001/jamaoncol.2017.0324
2. Pramanik R, Kumar L. 302PEngraftment syndrome during hematopoietic stem cell transplant: Analysis of 166 transplants from a tertiary care centre. Ann Oncol. 2015 Dec 1;26(suppl 9):ix89–ix89.
3. Pramanik R, Kumar L. Engraftment Syndrome During Auto HSCT in Plasma Cell Disorders: Retrospective Analysis of Consecutive Cases From a Tertiary Care Centre. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2015 Sep 1;15:e159–60.
4. Pramanik R, Kumar L, Cyriac SL. Poems Syndrome: A Retrospective Analysis of Clinicopathological Profile and Treatment Outcomes of 43 Consecutive Cases from a Tertiary Cancer Centre in India. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2015 Sep 1;15:e198–9.
5. Pramanik R, Gogia A, Sahoo RK. Manuscript entitled “Neutropenia due to Palbociclib : a word of caution”, with manuscript number ijmpo_158_15, is accepted for publication in the Indian Journal of Medical and paediatric Oncology, IJMPO”(July-Sept 2016 issue)
6. Kumar L, Iqbal N, Mookerjee A, Verma RK, Sharma OD, Batra A, et al. Complete response after autologous stem cell transplant in multiple myeloma. Cancer Med. 2014 Aug;3(4):939–46.
7. Kumar L, Pramanik R, Kumar S, Bhatla N, Malik S. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in gynaecological cancers – Implications for staging. Best Pract Res ClinObstetGynaecol. 2015 Aug 1;29(6):790–801.
8. Gogia A, Khurana S, Paramanik R. Acute Myocardial Infarction after First Dose of Rituximab Infusion. Turk J Hematol. 2014 Mar;31(1):95–6.
9. Gogia A, Mehta P, Pramanik R, Gupta R .Chronic lymphocytic leukemia with massiveascites: An unusual presenting manifestation. South Asian J Cancer. 2014 Oct-Dec;3(4):235-236 PMID:25422818
10. Vallonthaiel AG, Kaur K, Jain D, Singh G, Tiwari D, Pramanik R, et al. Ewing Sarcoma of Urinary Bladder Showing EWSR1 Rearrangement on FISH Analysis and Unique Response to Chemotherapy. ClinGenitourinCancer , 2016 Apr;14(2):e183-6. doi:10.1016/j.clgc.2015.11.001. Epub 2015 Nov 11. PMID:266848127.
11. Image of the Month: November 2015 | Oncology Diagnosis Project | ESMO [Internet]. [cited 2015 Dec 2]. Available from: http://www.esmo.org/Career-Development/Young-Oncologists-Corner/Image-of-the-Month/November-2015-Image-of-the-Month
12. Ranjan A, PramanikR,Gupta R, Tanwar P, Bharti S et al ;Chronic Neutrophilic Leukemia: A Rare Chronic Myeloproliferative Disorder. International Journal of Hematology and Oncology 2014, Vol 24, Num 2 Page(s): 145-147
13. Gahlot GP, Mridha AR, Sable M, Sharma MC, Pramanik R, Kumar L.Solidpseudopapillary neoplasm of the ovary with metastases to the omentum and regional lymph nodes.IndianJPatholMicrobiol. 2016 Jul-Sep;59 (3):348-50. doi: 10.4103/0377-4929.188107.PMID: 27510674
14. Gogia A, Mehta P, Pramanik R, Kumar .Isolated breast relapse mimicking breast cancer in elderly patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. R.Turk J Haematol. 2014 Jun;31(2):203-4. doi: 0.4274/tjh.2013.0270. Epub 2014 Jun 10. PMID:25035685