Dr. Awadh Kishor Pandit
MBBS, MD, DM
Department of Neurology,
Room number 703, 7th Floor,``
Phone No. +91-11-26594856
Email: यह ईमेल पता spambots से संरक्षित किया जा रहा है. आप जावास्क्रिप्ट यह देखने के सक्षम होना चाहिए.
OPD: Wednesday/Saturday, forenoon, Room No. 2, Neurosciences Centre, Ground Floor
(For appointments call: 011 26594656 – Monday to Friday between 2:00pm-5:00pm)
Dr. Awadh Kishor Pandit joined AIIMS, New Delhi as faculty in department of Neurology as Assistant Professor in Nov 2016. He did his undergraduation and postgraduation (MD-Medicine) from Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sewagram, Wardha and then went on to do his DM training in Neurology from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. He received the ‘Manoharlal Soni award’ for the best DM resident in Neurology (2013).
After completion of DM-Neurology in 2013, he worked as Consultant Neurology at Paras Hospital, Gurgaon. Later on joined DBT funded (Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India) Initiative on the Neuro-Clinical Research Education. (INCRE) fellowship from Aug 2014 till Oct 2015 and thereafter joined as Assistant Professor in Neurology at PGIMER, Chandigarh from Oct 2015 to Nov 2016.
He sees general neurology patients and participates in other specialty clinics, including Stroke and Multiple Sclerosis. His areas of research during DM training have been stroke in young.
1. Dash D, Bhashin A, Pandit AK, Tripathi M, Bhatia R, Prasad K, Padma MV. Risk factors and etiologies of ischemic strokes in young patients: a tertiary hospital study in north India. J Stroke. 2014 Sep; 16(3): 173-7.
2. Pandit AK, Ihtisham K, Garg A, Gulati S, Padma MV, Tripathi M. Autoimmune encephalitis: A potentially reversible cause of status epilepticus, epilepsy, and cognitive decline. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2013 Oct; 16(4): 577-84.
3. Kumar P, Yadav AK, Kumar A, Sagar R, Pandit AK, Prasad K. Association between Interleukin-6 (G174C and G572C) promoter gene polymorphisms and risk of ischaemic stroke: A meta-analysis. Ann Neurosci. 2015 Apr; 22(2): 61-9.
4. Kumar S, Jain AP, Pandit AK. Acute pancreatitis: rare complication of chicken pox in an immunocompetent host. Saudi J Gastroenterol. 2007 Jul-Sep; 13(3): 138-40.
5. Kumar A, Kumar P, Prasad M, Sagar R, Yadav AK, Pandit AK, Jali VP, Pathak A. Association of C677T polymorphism in the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene (MTHFR gene) with ischemic stroke: a meta-analysis. Neurol Res. 2015 Jul; 37(7): 568-77.
6. Chakrabarty B, Tripathi M, Gulati S, Yoganathan S, Pandit AK, Sinha A, Rathi BS. Pediatric anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor encephalitis: experience of a tertiary care teaching center from north India. J Child Neurol. 2014 Nov; 29(11): 1453-9.
7. Pandit AK, Kumar P, Kumar A, Chakravarty K, Misra S, Prasad K. High-dose statin therapy and risk of intracerebral hemorrhage: a meta-analysis. Acta Neurol Scand. 2016 Jul;134(1):22-8.
8. Kumar A, Pandit AK, Vivekanandhan S, Srivastava MV, Tripathi M, Prasad K. Association between beta-1 adrenergic receptor gene polymorphism and ischemic stroke in North Indian population: a case control study. J Neurol Sci. 2015 Jan 15; 348(1-2): 201-5.
9. Kumar A, Prasad M, Kathuria P, Nair P, Pandit AK, Sahu JK, Prasad K. Low socioeconomic status is an independent risk factor for ischemic stroke: a case-control study in North Indian population. Neuroepidemiology. 2015; 44(3): 138-43
10. Kumar A, Prasad M, Kumar P, Yadav AK, Pandit AK, Kathuria P. Association between Beta Adrenergic Receptor Polymorphism and Ischemic Stroke: A Meta-Analysis. J Stroke. 2015 May; 17(2): 138-43.
11. Kumar P, Kumar A, Pandit AK, Pathak A, Prasad K. Seasonal Variations in Stroke: A Study in a Hospital in North India. J Stroke. 2015 May; 17(2): 219-20.
12. Kumar A, Kumar P, Kathuria P, Misra S, Pandit AK, Chakravarty K, Prasad M. Genetics of ischemic stroke: An Indian scenario. Neurol India. 2016 Jan-Feb; 64 (1): 29-37
13. Pandit AK, Prasad K, Seth T. Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in progressive severe multiple sclerosis. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2015 Oct-Dec; 18(4): 459-63.
14. Kumar A, Kumar P, Prasad M, Misra S, Pandit AK, Chakravarty K, Association between Apolipoprotein e$ Gene Polymorphism and risk of Ischemic stroke: A Meta analysis. Annals of Neurosciences 23(2), 113-121
15. Pandit AK, Deepti Vibha, Achal Kumar Srivastava, Garima Shukla, Vinay Goyal, Madhuri Behari,Complementary and alternative medicine in Indian Parkinson's disease patients. Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine. 2015 Aug 20;6(4):377-382.
16. Kumar P, Kumar A, Srivastava MK, Misra S, Prasad K, Pandit AK. Association of Transforming Growth Factor Beta-1 -509C/T Gene Polymorphism with Ischemic Stroke: A Meta Analysis. Basic and Clinical Neuroscience 2016 March 7(2): 137-141.
17. Kumar P, Misra S, Kumar A, Pandit AK, Chakravarty K, Prasad K. Association between Lymphotoxin Alpha (-252G/A and -804C/A) Gene Polymorphisms and Risk of Ischemic Stroke: A Meta-Analysis. ActaneurologicaTaiwanica 2016 March 25(1): 1-8
18. Kumar P, Misra S, Kumar A, Pandit AK, Chakravarty K, Prasad K. Association between Tumor Necrosis Factor-α (-238G/A and -308G/A) Gene Polymorphisms and Risk of Ischemic Stroke: A Meta-Analysis. Pulse 2015;3:217-228
19. Kumar A, Misra S, Kumar P, Prasad K, Pandit AK, Chakravarty K, Kathuria P, Gulati A. Association between endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms and risk of ischemic stroke: A meta-analysis. Neurol India. 2017 Jan-Feb;65(1):22-34.
20. Kumar A, Prasad M, Jali VP, Pandit AK, Misra S, Kumar P, Chakravarty K, Kathuria P, Gulati A. Bone marrow mononuclear cell therapy in ischaemic stroke: a systematic review. Acta Neurol Scand. 2017 May;135(5):496-506.
21. Kumar A, Misra S, Kumar P, Sagar R, Prasad K, Pandit AK, Chakravarty K, Kathuria P, Yadav AK. Association between Endothelial nitric oxide synthase G894T gene polymorphism and risk of ischemic stroke in North Indian population: a case-control study. Neurol Res. 2016 Jul;38(7):575-9.
22. Patil A, Vishnu VY, Darakshan N et al. Rapidly progressive dementia: An eight year (2008-2016) retrospective study. PLoS One. 2018 Jan 18; 13(1):e0189832.
23. Kumar S, Pandit AK, Jain AP. Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP) - an Update. Journal of Postgraduate Medical Education, Training & Research Vol. II, No. 2, 2007 March-April.
24. Joshi A, Jajoo U, Taksande B, Pandit AK. Efficacy of X-Ray Chest in the diagnosis of parenchymal pulmonary tuberculosis in symptomatic medical care seeking individuals. J MGIMS, 2012 March, Vol. 17, No (i), 23-36.
Chapters in books
1. Behari M, Pandit AK. Hyperkinetic Movement Disorders. Neurological Differential Diagnosis. (2016) 01st Edition, p 308. Jaypee. The Health Science Publishers.
2. Bhatia R, Pandit AK, Prasad K. Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Neurology in Tropics. (2016) 02nd Edition, p 644. Elsevier.
1. Member of Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN)
2. Member of Stroke subsection of IAN
3. Member of Indian Stroke Association (ISA)
Awards and medals:
1. Awarded DBT-INCRE Fellowship by Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India with total grant of Rupees fourteen lakhs in year 2014.Title of Project: ‘An exploratory study to investigate the association between short-term exposure to air pollution on the occurrence of ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke in a case crossover study design’.
2. Manoharlal Soni Book Prize Award In Neurology For Best Post Graduate Student For Year-2013 (AIIMS, New Delhi).
3. Awarded the Short term Studentship for the project entitled “Contact Smear Cytology in Wet Ulcerative Lesions of Male Genitals” by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi – 2000.