Educational and Training Services
- The department of Medicine has been conducting annual “Medicine Update” since the last three years. These have been very well attended and appreciated by faculty and delegates alike. A wide range of topics and current diagnostic and therapeutic issues have been discussed by distinguished faculty participation.
- The department faculty has organized / conducted several CMEs and workshops on a wide range of medical science including HIV/TB, Critical care, Sleep medicine, Medical education, and Rheumatology.
- Since 2002, the department of Medicine has been regularly organizing the “Workshop / Task Force meeting on the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (Health Ministry, Govt. of India)”.
- The department has provided training to several foreign students in various fields of Internal Medicine, especially Pulmonary Medicine, HIV Medicine and Rheumatology.
- The faculty has given several key not addresses, orations and lectures at various National and International meetings, symposia, and conferences.
- The department has a large Post-graduate programme with 15 new PGs entering annually. There is a well designed training schedule, including thesis evaluation, along with clinical and other academic teaching activities.