Community based services
Robust community awareness activities through print media, radio as well as television have been the norm of the division since very beginning.
Autism awareness activities
- Patient information booklet and an information DVD for autism developed
- A guide was launched to aid early identification of children with autism. It also contained evidence based therapeutic guidelines for management of children with autism. This booklet also highlighted the government policies and initiatives to help these children.
- A telephone based helpline was launched: 9868399037
- The process of certification for autism was initiated in consultation with Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. First certificate for Autism was given on 28-Apr-2016. In addition, a mobile application was launched for diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- In collaboration with The National Trust, a National Workshop for Training Master Trainers in Autism Tools was organized from 31-Aug to 02-Sep-2016. The workshop saw participation pediatricians and clinical psychologists from across the country.
- “2nd three-day Workshop for Training Master Trainers in Autism Tools-INCLEN & ISAA” from 09-Feb-2017 to 11-Feb-2017 in VigyanBhavan, New Delhi.
- It was organized by the National Trust for the welfare of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation, and Multiple Disabilities, a statutory body under Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in collaboration with Child Neurology Division, Department of Pediatrics, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- A “National Conference on Autism” was organized on 3rd April, 2017 by The National Trust for the welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The conference was inaugurated by Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot, Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment. Organized during the World Autism Awareness month, it was a part of the 3 days training programme on Autism in collaboration with Child Neurology Division, Dept of Pediatrics, AIIMS, Delhi to train doctors on use of INCLEN and ISSA tools for issuance of Disability Certificate to persons with Autism.
- A Public health lecture and panel discussion on the topic “Autism from early detection to autonomy” was held in JLN auditorium on 26 April 2017
- Inclusive Independence day celebrations organized by national trust was conducted in Nehru Park on 13th August, 2017 and was inaugurated by Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot, Minister for Social Justice and empowerment.Around 2500 people from all walks of life participated in the celebrations along with 500 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Child Neurology Division, AIIMS held a camp in the venue during the occasion for issuing disability certificates.