- AIIMS Hospital is located at Ansari Nagar, in front of Safdarjung Hospital at the crossing of Ring Road and Aurobindo Marg. Main entrance is on Aurobindo Marg. ( Gate No. 1)
TOTAL NUMBER OF BEDS, DOCTORS, NURSES ETC. :
- The hospital has a total of 2362 beds (incl. newly constructed Emergency & Private wards& Trauma centre)
- There are more than 800 doctors (incl. Faculty members& residents) and 4000 Nurses.
ENQUIRY AND INFORMATION ABOUT AIIMS :
- Telephone No.s of Central Enquiry— 26588500, 26588900, 26588700
- L.E.D. Display scrolls, Guide maps, Display boards are installed at various strategic locations.
- Enquiry counters & help desks also exist in the OPD at various locations where one can enquire and seek help in case of any problem. Besides, there are Medical Social Services located in Room No. 9, Ground Floor, OPD, where MSSO/Social Guides are available for any help.
- Website - www.aiims.edu ; www.aiims.ac.in
AIIMS Helplines :
- Emergency Services numbers – 26594405 (Medicine Emergency), 26594706( Surgery Emergency) 26583062 (RP Centre Casualty) - operates round the clock
- AIDS Helpline “Shubhchintak”- 26588333 (from 10:00 A.M. to 05.00 P.M. Mon. to Fri.).
- ORBO (Organ Retrieval Banking Organisation)- 1060, 26588360, 26593444
- Poison Information Centre- 1800 116 117 ( toll free) 26593677, 26589391, ( functions round the clock)
- Eye Donation (National Eye Bank) – 26593060, 26589461
CONTROL ROOM :
- It is located in Room No. 12, Ground floor, Private Ward Block, M.S. Office, AIIMS
- The contact Nos. are - 26589279; 26593308
- Control Room functions round the clock, under the Dept. of Hospital Administration and managed by Duty Officers, who deal with any administrative problem, provide assistance and listen to public grievances with regard to patient care.
· The new underground parking facility is operational at AIIMS since May 2013. This is a three-level parking lot can accommodate over 400 vehicles.
· AIIMS has a Trauma Centre known as Jai PrakashNarayan Apex Trauma Center, AIIMS. It is situated on Ring Road, just adjacent to Safdurjung Centre.
· It is opeartional with 24 hours services for Trauma Patients. The centre also acts as a referral hospital, where patients sent by zonal public hospitals and satellite trauma centres will be observed and treated.
AIIMS Outreach OPD, Jhajjar, Haryana :
· A new campus of AIIMS is upcoming at Badsha, Distt. Jhajhar, Haryana. An Outreach OPD of AIIMS, New Delhi is started here since November 2012.
AIIMS Appointment System :
· AIIMS Appointment System is a framework to link various hospitals across the country for AADHAAR based online registration and appointment system, where counter based OPD registration and appointment system through Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) has been digitalized. The application has been hosted on the cloud services of NIC. Portal facilitates online appointments with various departments of different Hospitals using eKYC data of Aadhaar number, if patient's mobile number is registered with UIDAI. And in case mobile number is not registered with UIDAI it uses patient's name. New Patient will get appointment as well as Unique Health Identification (UHID) number. If Aadhaar number is already linked with UHID number, then appointment number will be given and UHID will remain same.
· Appointment for subsequent visits can also be sought through IVRS HELPLINE : 011-26589999
· Help for Poor Patients :
· For very poor patients, on recommendation of treating Doctor, the hospital charges may be waived off by Medical superintendent or his nominee and costly drugs/surgical items may be provided by the hospital. Financial assistance is also available through Prime Minister's Relief Fund, National Illness Assistance Fund (NIAF), Delhi Arogya Kosh (DAK), and other such funds. You may contact Medical Social Service Dept.in this regard.