Funded Research Projects (Ongoing and completed)
1. 68Ga-PSMA PET/CT for evaluation of Hepatocellular carcinoma, Shamim A Shamim, Intramural.
2. Comparison of Alpha Emitting 225Ac-DOTATATE Versus Beta Emitting 177Lu-DOTATATE Therapy in Advanced End-stage Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor (GEP-NET) Patients, Chandrasekhar Bal, ICMR.
3. Comparison of Re-188-HDD Lipiodol Transarterial Radionuclide Therapy (TART) with Re-188-DEDC Lipiodol TART in the Management of advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Randomized control trail”, Shamim A Shamim, ICMR.
4. Comparison of targeted 225Ac-PSMA-617 alpha particle therapy versus 177Lu-PSMA-617 beta particle therapy in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer patients: An open-label, two-arm, phase II RCT, Chandrasekhar Bal, ICMR.
5. Diagnostic accuracy of antifungal scintigraphy in diagnosing invasive fungal disease (IFD) in febrile neutropenia in pediatric hematologic malignancies, Nishikant A Damle, Intramural.
6. Establishing international amyloidosis centers of excellence in India, Kuwait, and South Africa, Chetan D, Patel, Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School, USA.
7. Evaluation of long-acting octreotide therapy in steroid-resistant Graves ophthalmopathy with somatostatin receptor expression on 68Ga-DOTANOC PET/CT, Dr. Nishikant A Damle, Intramural.
8. Gastric emptying scintigraphy using a standard vegetarian meal: Establishment of Reference Values in Post-Sleeve Gastrectomy Patients on Mid-Term Follow-Up, Khangembam Bangkim Chandra, Intramural.
9. International study on imaging in Cardio-Oncology Study (iCOS), Chetan D Patel, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
10. Mutation spectrum of BRAF gene among patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma: A pathogenetic study in Indian population, Chandrasekhar Bal, ICMR.
11. Prospective single arm post-marketing Phase IV study to assess the safety and efficacy of Lenvatinib in subjects with locally recurrent or Metastatic, Progressive, Radioiodine Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer”. PHASE IV FDA TRIAL, Chandrasekhar Bal, CLIANTHA RESEARCH LTD.
12. Use of PET–CT with Gallium-68 Labeled Prostrate Specific Membrane Antigen in the diagnosis and follow-up of Patients with Prostate Cancer, Dr. Rakesh Kumar, Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
13. Utility of radiolabelled antibiotics as imaging agents in establishment of a decision support algorithm in patients with Pyrexia of Unknown Origin (PUO) caused by infection and its impact on short term and long term clinical outcomes, Nishikant A Damle, ICMR.
14. Dosimetry Of 177lu -Labelled PSMA-617 In Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Patients, Chandrasekhar Bal, ICMR.
15. Evaluation of Multimodality Imaging in the Assessment and Diagnosis of early Stage Alzheimers Disease with and without co-morbidities, Madhavi Tripathi, IAEA.
16. IAEA Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy Study (iTAC Study), Khangembam Bangkim Chandra, IAEA.
Details of prior research projects are available in the annual reports available on the institute’s website. Please visit the AIIMS website and go to “About Us à Annual Reports”.
Details of prior research publications are available in the annual reports available on the institute’s website. Please visit the AIIMS website and go to “About Us à Annual Reports”.