Manpreet Kaur, MBBS, MD(ANAESTHESIA)
Birth Date: November 13, 1981
Place of Birth: Punjab, India
Marital Status: Married, Prabhjot Singh
Work Address: Department of Anaesthesiology, Pain Medicine and Critical Care, AIIMS New Delhi
Present position: Associate Professor Anaesthesiology, Pain Medicine and Critical Care, All India institute of Medical
Sciences, New Delhi, India (Since 2016 till Date)
MBBS, MD (ANAESTHESIA): 2006-2009
INTERNSHIP AND OBSERVERSHIP
Jan 2005-Dec2005 Internship after MBBS
2/2/2016-1/03/2016 Observership in Palliative care (Department of Onco-Anaesthesia and Palliative Medicine)
Punjab Medical Council
Delhi Medical Council
BLS & ACLS: Registered with American Heart Association as Instructor
ATLS: Registered with American college of Surgeons as instructor
FCCS: Registered with Society of Critical Care Medicine, U.S.A as provider
USCLS: Registered with Winfocus Basic Level 1 as Provider
HONORS AND AWARDS
1999 Certificate of merit and 12th rank in Talent search Institue’s Chemistry Olympiad
2006 1st prize in Quiz Indian society of anaesthesiologists Ludhiana (city branch)
2007 B BRAUN medical trust foundation scholarship
2007 2ndprize in QuizIndian society of anaesthesiologists Ludhiana (city branch)
2008 2ndprize in QuizIndian society of anaesthesiologists Ludhiana (city branch)
2008 1st prize in Poster presentation- Mediastinal mass in a neonate:An Anaesthetic challenge -International Anaesthesia and
critical care 2008,November 2008,DMC Ludhiana in association with Faculty from MAYO CLINIC
2009 2nd prize in oral presentation- A novel technique in difficult percutaneus tracheostomy-Trauma 2009
Journal of Clinical Anaesthesia
Journal of Anaesthesia & Clinical Pharmacology(Editorial Board Pediatric Anaesthesia)
Anesthesia: Essay & Research
Journal of Medicine & Medical Sciences
Journal of Emergency Medicine, Trauma & Acute Care
Medical Journal of Dr. D.Y. Patil University
Journal of obstretric anaesthesia and critical care
PUBLICATIONS (PEER REVIEWED)
- Gupta B, Sharma S, D’souza N ,Kaur M. Pseudo loss of resistance in epidural space localization. Saudi J Anaesth 2010; 4 :117. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 20927275
- Gupta B, Kaur M, Sawhney C, D’souza N Impacted toothbrush in the oropharynx: A challengingairway. Pediatric Anesthesia 2010; 20: 964-6. Cited in PubMed; PMID:20849508
- Gupta B, Kaur M , D’souza N , Sinha C. A Novel technique in difficult percutaneous tracheostomy. Saudi J Anaesth 2011;5:109-110. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21655034
- Kaur M, Gupta B, Sinha C, Shende S.A case report of accidental neck strangulation and its anaesthetic concerns. Anesth: Ess and Resear 2010; 4:120-2.Cited in PubMed; PMID:25885245
- Kaur M. Adjuvants to local anesthetics: A combination wisdom. Anesth: Ess and Resear 2010; 4:122-3.Cited in PubMed; PMID:25885246
- Kaur M. How safe is gum elastic bougie as tube exchanger? Inventi journal;2:6-7
- Gupta B, Kaur M , D’souza N ,Dey C K, Shende S. Cerebral Fat Embolism A Diagnostic Challenge. Saudi J Anaesth 2011;6:348-52. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21957425
- Sinha C, Gupta B, Kaur M, Kumar A. Proteus syndrome - A Medical rarity. Saudi J Anaesth 2011;6:233-34. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21804811
- Kaur M, Katyal S, Kathuria S,Singh P. A comparative evaluation of intrathecal bupivacaine alone, sufentanil or butorphanol in combination with bupivacaine for endoscopic urological surgery. Saudi J Anaesth 2011;6:202-7. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21804804
- Kaur M, Gupta B, Sinha C, Dey CK. Ultrasound: Contemporary tool for missed pericardial effusion in a trauma patient.Ind J Anaesth 2011;5:434-35. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 22013280
- Gautam PL, Kaur M, Singh RJ, Gupta S.Large mediastinal tumor in neonate: An anaesthetic challenge. J Anesth. 2012;26:124-27 Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 22015779
- Kaur M, Yadav K, Yadav V, Gupta B,Kamble S, Misra MC. Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) prophylaxis: Awareness or ignorance amongst staff personnel. Int J Nurs Edu 2012;4:32-34.
- Kaur M, Gupta B, Bindra A, Kumar A. Intraoral Endotracheal tube kinking – A preventable problem. Update in anaesth 2011;27:51-2.
- Trevor S, Upadya M, Sinha C ,Kaur M. A comparison of midazolam and clonidine as an oral premedication in pediatric patients. Saudi J Anaesth 2011;5:379-82. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 22412769
- Gupta B, Kaur M, Singh P, Farooque K, Ramchandani S , Sinha C. An unusual cause of intraoperative anuria. Saudi J Anaesth 2011;5:446-47. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: PMID: 22144941
- Sawhney C, Kaur M , Mishra B, Gupta A, Bhutia M. Carinal Injury- An airway challenge for anaesthesiologists. Saudi J Anaesth 2012;6:69-72. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 22412783
- Sinha C, Kaur M,Kumar A, Kulkarni A, Ambrareesha M, Upadya M. Comparitive evaluation of midazolam and butorphanol as an oral premedication in pediatric patients. J Anaesth Clin Pharmacol 2012;28:32-5. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 22412769
- Kaur M, Singh PM. Current role of dexmedetomidine in clinical anesthesia and intensive care. Anesth Ess and Resear 2012;5:128-33.Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 25885374
- Singh PM, Kaur M, Kumar S, Rewari V. Altered anesthetic requirements and carbon dioxide setpoint in chronic airwayobstruction. J Anesth. 2012;26:796-7. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 22644358
- Kaur M, Gupta B, Sharma A, Sharma S.Child with aplastic anaemia: Anaesthetic management. Saudi J Anaesth 2012;6:298-301. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 23162410
- Soni KD, Sawhney C, Kaur M, Ramchandani S, Singhal M. Stellate ganglion block as a limb salvaging technique. Ind J Anaesth 2012;56:307-8.Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 22923838
- Sahoo S, Kaur M, Sawhney C, Mishra A. An unusual cause of delayed awakening.J Anaesth Clin Pharmacol 2012;28:415-6. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 22869969
- Balakrishnan I, Kaur M, Sawhney C, D’souza N. Catheter malposition in infants- A preventable complication. Ind J Anaesth 2012;56:427-8. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 23087480
- Singh PM, Kaur M, Rewari V. An unusual site of leak in anaesthesia circuit. Anesth Essays Res 2012;6 Cited in PubMed; PMID:::111 25885519
- Singh PM, Dehran M, Mohan VK, Trikha A, Kaur M. Analgesic efficacy and safety of medical therapy alone vscombined medical therapy and extra-oral Glossopharyngeal nerve block in glossopharyngeal neuralgia. Pain Med. 2013 Jan;14(1):93-102. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 23279193
- Kaur M, Sinha C, Singh PM, Gupta B. Identification of occult deep vein thrombosis (DVT) before the placement of sequential compression devices (SCDs).Indian J Anaesth 2012;56:593-5. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 23325955
- Kaur M, Gupta B, D’souza N, Shende S.When to correct coagulopathy in acute kidney injury? Anesth: Ess and Resear 2012;6:239-40. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 25885629
- Singh PM, Kaur M, Trikha A. Virtual reality in anesthesia “Simulation”.Anesth: Ess and Resear 2012;6:134-9.Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 25885605
- Singh PM, Kaur M, Trikha A. An uncommonly common glossopharyngeal neuralgia. Ann indian acad neurology 2013;16:1-8. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 23661955
- Sawhney C, Subramanian A, Kaur M, Anjum A, Albert V, Soni KD, Kumar A. Assessment of hemostatic changes after crystalloid and colloid fluid preloading in trauma patients using standard coagulation parameters and thromboelastography. Saudi J Anaesth 2013;7:48-56. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 23717233
- Singh M, Choudhury A, Kaur M, Liddle D, Verghese M, Balakrishnan I. The comparative evaluation of intravenous with intramuscular clonidine for suppression of hemodynamic changes in laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Saudi J Anaesth 2013;7:181-6. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 23956720
- Sawhney C, Kaur M, Lalwani S,Gupta B, Balakrishnan I, Vij A. Organ retrieval and banking in brain dead trauma patients: Our experience at level-1 trauma centre and current views. Ind J Anaesth2013;57:83-9. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 23983281
- Sahoo S, Kaur M,Tripathi HK, Kumar A, Kohli S, Nanda S. Comparative evaluation of midazolam and clonidine as pediatric oral premedication. Anesth: Ess and Resear 2013;7:221-7. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 25885837
- Kohli S, Kaur M, Sahoo S, Vajifdar H,Kohli P. Brachial plexus block: comparison of two different doses of Clonidine added to Bupivacaine.J Anaesth Clin Pharmacol 2013;29:491-5. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 24249986sss
- Sinha SK, Joshiraj B, Chaudhary L, Hayaran N, Kaur M, Jain A. A comparison of dexmedetomidine plus ketamine combination with dexmedetomidine alone for awake fibreoptic nasotracheal intubation: A randomized controlled study. J Anaesth Clin Pharmacol 2014;30:514-9. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 25425777
- Sawhney C , Kaur M, Gupta B, Singh PM,.Misra M.C. Critical Care Issues in solid organ injury- Review and experience in a tertiary trauma Centre. Saudi J Anaesth 2014;8:29-35. Cited in PubMed; PMID:: 25538517
- Choudhary S, Kaur M, Pandey M, Jain A. Anaesthestic management of sacrococcygeal teratoma in infants. Ind J Anaesth2016;60:374-5.
- Sinha SK, Brahmchari Y, Kaur M, JainA. The comparative evaluation of safety and efficacy of unilateralparavertebral block with conventional spinal anaesthesia for inguinalhernia repair. Indian J Anaesth 2016;60:499-505.
- Kaur M, Singh PM, Trikha A. Management of critically ill obstetric patients: A review. J Obstet Anaesth Crit Care 2017;7:3-12
- Pandey M, Kaur M, Sanwal M, Jain A, Sinha SK. Ludwig’s angina in children anesthesiologist’s nightmare:Case series and review of literature. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2017;33:406-9.
- Singh PM, Borle A, Kaur M, Trikha A, Sinha A. Opioid-sparing effects of the thoracic interfascial plane blocks: A meta- analysis of randomized controlled trials. Saudi J Anaesth 2018;12:103-11.
- Kaur M, Dass C. Anaesthetic challenges of Ellis-van Creveld syndrome. J Clinic Anaesth 2018;47:60-61.
- Kaur M, Goth A, Subramaniam R. Low flow vascular malformations of cervico facial area: An airway challenge. J Clinic Anaesth 2018;48:58-59.
- Singh G, Kaur M, Dehran M. Management of a case of ventricular bigeminy using central neuraxial blockade. Accepted in Indian J Anaesth
- Nagarajappa A, Kaur M, Sinha R. Anaesthetic concerns in the patients with congenital erythropoietic porphyria for ocular surgery.J Clin Anest 2018;54:3-5. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 30388602
- Hussain SY, Kaur M. Perioperative concerns of a patient with Escobar syndrome for ocular surgery. Indian J Anaesth 2018; 62:1007-9. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 30636811
- Chaudhari SD, Kaur M. Anaesthetic challenges in a child with Lowes and Fanconi Syndrome. Indian J Anaesth 2018; 62:900-2. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 30532329
- Kaur M, Yadav A. Anaesthetic Implications of Rubinstein - Taybi Syndrome. Accepted in J Clinic Anaesth.2019:56:43-44. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 30684926
- Kaur M, Hussain SY. Anaesthetic management of an infant with tracheomalacia scheduled for computed tomography angiography: A challenge. Indian J Anaesth 2019; 63:312-5.
- Kaur M. Intraoperative neural monitoring in head and neck surgeries: Feasibility and concerns. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2019; 35:131.
- Kaur M, Ramakumar N, Yadav S, Subramaniam R. Recurrent syncope in a child and video assisted thoracoscopic surgery - The long and short of it. Indian J Anaesth 20 2019 Oct;63(10):847-850.
- Nagarajappa A, Kaur M, Samanta A, Tyagi A. Endotracheal tube ﬁxation: Still a dilemma. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2019 Jul-Sep;35(3):400-401.
- Borle A, Goswami D, Meshram T, Kaur M, Akshat S. Undiagnosed peripartum cardiomyopathy: Anesthesiologist’s nightmare! J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2019;35: 566-568
- Trikha A, Kaur M. Enhanced recovery after surgery in obstetric patients.Are we ready?J ObstetAnaesth Crit care 2020;10:1-3
- The inescapable conundrum of Klippel-Feil syndrome airway: A case series. accepted in AANA Journal
- Pappu A, Kaur M, Gnanadhas JJ, Dawar R, Singh A. Anesthetic considerations of CHILD syndrome. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2021;37:130-2.
- Goth A, Kaur M, Das D, Muthiah T. Anaesthetic management of endoscopic repair of Zenker’s diverticulum. Indian J Anaesth 2020;64:446‑7
- Kayina CA, Kaur M, Subramaniam R. Airway Challenge in Repaired Tracheoesophageal Fistula Patient. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol. 2020 Oct-Dec;36(4):563-564.
- Kaur M, Sinha R, Chowdhury AR, Sharma S, Nagarajan B, Baishya M, Subramaniam R. Preoperative planning for central venous cannulation in conjoint twins. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol. 2020 Oct-Dec;36(4):569-570.
- Kaur M, Nagarajappa A.Paediatric Airway Management- An Update.IAPA Newsletter 2021;11:6-9
- Ganesh V, Patel N, Kaur M, Aggarwal R, Soni KD, Trikha A. Stuck prosthetic valve with intracranial bleed: Balancing the anticoagulation. Accepted in J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol
- Jain D, Kaur M, Jobin SP, Gaikwad VB. Rare cause of Intraoperative endotracheal cuff deflation. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol XX;XX:XX.
- Soni L, Ameya P, Kaur M, Goswami D,Trikha A. Intraoperative pleural rent during kyphosis surgery. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol XX;XX:XX
- Kaur M. Anaesthesia for robotic surgery. ISA Newsletter, Issue 11, July 2021. 22-29
- Kaur M, Aggarwal R, Ganesh V, Kumar R, Patel N, Ayub A, Soni KD, Trikha A. Clinical Course and outcome of critically ill obese patients with COVID19 admitted in intensive care unit of a single centre:our experience and review. Indian J Crit Care Med 2021; 25 (12):1382-1386.
- Patel N, Aggarwal R, Ganesh V, Kaur M, Soni KD, Trikha A. Rare Manifestations of Dreaded COVID19 Cerebral Venous thrombosis:A Case report. J Anaesth Clin Res 2021;12:1013
- Jain N, Kaur M, Anaesthetising Post laryngectomy patient: Unique challenges. Saudi J Anaesth 2022;16:254-5.
- Kaur M (2021) Old Gold Revisited: Boon for Laparoscopy in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. J Anesth ;Clin Res. 12:1040.
- Trikha A, Kaur M. Obstetric difficult airway guidelines - is it time to get the new gadgets in? Int J Obstet Anesth. 2022 Feb;49:103248.
- Singh AK,Kaur M, Patel N,Aggarwal R, Trikha A. Simple but Significant modifications of High flow nasal canula.Cureus 2022;14:2 : e22641
- Kaur M, Trikha A. High Flow Nasal Cannula (HFNC) and Video laryngoscope (VL) as essential adjuncts in management of Obstetric Difficult Airway: Efficacious tools or simply an industry push ! J Obstet Anaesth Crit Care 2022;12:1-4.
- Kaur M. Soni KD. Does vitamin D improve all-cause mortality in critically ill adult patients? An updated systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.Accepted in IJCCM
Gupta B, Kaur M. Abdominal compartment Syndrome. Essentials of trauma Anaesthesia and Intensive care.India: Pee Pee publishers ,2016 p.600-15.
Sadera G, Gwinnutt J, kaur M.Dynamic volume status indicators. Monitoring in Anaesthesia and critical care: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers,2018 p 108-117.
Trikha A, Kaur M. Guidelines for perioperative Hypertension management. Practice Guidelines in Anaesthesia-2. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers,2018 .p204-11.
Gupta S, Nagarajappa A, Kaur M. Opioids. AIIMS Anaesthesiology Postgraduate Assembly 2019.Conference proceedings 2019, p 187-189
Gondode PG, Kaur M. Obstructive jaundice and Anaesthesia. AIIMS Anaesthesiology Postgraduate Assembly 2019.Conference proceedings 2019, p 177-186
Trikha A, Kaur M. Pregnancy related disorders.Principles and Practice of Critical Care. Third Edition. Wolter Kluwers publishers, 2019, p 613-632
Kaur M. Peripheral Analgesic effect of opioids. Yearbook of Anesthesiology-10. Tenth Edition. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2021, p 145-149.
Trikha A, Kaur M. Anaesthesia for Catecholamine-Secreting Glomus Jugulare Tumor Resection. Anaesthesia for Uncommon and Emerging Procedures. First Edition. Springer Nature Switzerland,2021, p 315-31
Kaur M, Trikha A. Pharmacological therapies in COVID19 patients. COVID-19 Comprehensive review. First Edition. Evangel Publishers Delhi,2021, p 77-91
Kaur M, Trikha A. Vaccines. COVID-19 Comprehensive review. First Edition. Evangel Publishers Delhi,2021, p 77-91
Bhaskar B, Patnaik R, Kaur M, Gurjar M. Management of COVID 19 ARDS. Comprehensive review. First Edition. Evangel Publishers Delhi,2021, p 119-137
Kaur M, Trikha A. Mild, Moderate and Severe COVID19 management. COVID-19 Comprehensive review. First Edition. Evangel Publishers Delhi,2021, p 105-118
Kaur M, Trikha A. Guidelines for healthcare workers. COVID-19 Comprehensive review. First Edition. Evangel Publishers Delhi,2021, p 233-35
Rajeshwari S, Kaur M, Nagarajappa A. Anaesthetic concerns in patients with Endocrine Disorders. Comprehensive Clinical Anesthesia. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2021, p 293-310
Anesthesia Machines and Breathing Systems; in Dorsch and Dorsch book Understanding Anesthesia Equipment, first South Asian Edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins,2p21
a. Funded Projects:
Comparative evaluation of C-MAC D-Blade and Airtraq Video laryngoscope for endotracheal intubation in simulated
cervical spine immobilization using cervical collar (Intramural AIIMS Grant)
b. Non funded projects:
2. Effect of videodistraction on preoperative anxiety scores in paediatric patients undergoing general anaesthesia in op
hthalmic day care procedures: A Randomized Controlled trial. Chief guide of Soumily Bandyopadhyay (JR Anesthesia)
3.Competency of novice Anaesthesia residents in performing Trans Thoracic Echocardiography with or without structured
problem-based hands-on course using simulator: A Randomized controlled assessor-blinded trial:
Chief guide of Bharat (JR Anesthesia)
4.Development of a simulation-based curriculum for Training Medical Undergraduates in Non-Technical Skills and
assessment of its acceptability and usefulness amongst the students- (MUTiNTS- Program)
5.Comparison of hands-on ORSIM simulator training versus high fidelity mannequin training of novice anaesthesiology
residents for fiberoptic intubation proficiency and retention ability
- A prospective randomized controlled trial. Chief guide Nivedha Giridharan
c. COVID Projects:
5. Evaluation of physiological respiratory parameters with the use of N-95 respirators after a similar set of Exercise in
health care professionals: A cross over Study
6. Retrospective propensity score–matched cohort study on administration of Convalescent plasma in COVID19
pneumonia: A single centre study
7. Prospective propensity score–matched cohort study on administration of Convalescent plasma in COVID19 pneumonia:
A single centre study
Evaluation of Deep learning Algorithm for identification of Brachial Plexus Ultrasound images:An explorative study.A
collaborative project with International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) (A national collaborative Project)
Safety, economic and environmental impact of desflurane in Minimal flow anaesthesia (0.5lit/min) with or without
nitrous Oxide, compared to isoflurane-air-oxygen used with low flow (1lit/min)- a randomized open labelled single
blinded study. Co guide Naveen Bokinala (JR Anesthesia)
To evaluate the effects of a preoperative carbohydrate drink on postoperative vomiting in Paediatric strabismus
surgery: a randomised controlled observer blinded trial. Co guide Dr Bhawna (JR Anesthesia)
Comparison of ultrasound guided gastric emptying between breastfed and formula cow’s milk fed below 6 months
old child.” An observational study. Co guide Dr.Debashis Das (JR Anesthesia)
Focused airway sonography (FAST) for evaluation of laryngeal mask airway placement: an observational study. Co
guide M.S.Sarath kumar (JR Anesthesia)
Analgesic efficacy and LA sparing effect of intrathecal morphine as adjunct for labor analgesia – A double blinded
randomised controlled trial. Coguide Dr.Rushil Vladimir (JR Anesthesia
Comparison of analgesic efficacy of levobupivacaine and ropivacaine in labour analgesia by dural puncture epidural
technique. Coguide Dr Kathiravan (JR Anesthesia
Comparison of blind tracheal intubation through Air-Q and LMA Blockbuster: A Randomised control trial: Co guide Dr
Kavitha Girish (JR Anesthesia)
Sonographic Assessment of Epidural Space Depth and Orientation in Paediatric Patients at Various Vertebral
Levels: An Observational Cross-Sectional Study: Co guide Dr Pragya (JR Anesthesia)
To Assess The Impact Of Implementation Of Systematic Childbirth Education Through A Birth Planning Visit On The
Outcome And Experience Of Childbirth: A Quality Improvement Project: Co-guide of Shivani Mangal (Gynae) (JR
Comparative Evaluation between TUOREN Kingtaek and C-MAC video laryngoscopes in adults with uncomplicated
airway:A randomized control trial
Evaluation of abnormal body movements and heart rate variability during sevoflurane induction in children-An
Remote trainer guided deliberate practice vs self-directed video-based training for retention of CPR skills: A
randomized, comparative assessor-blinded simulation study
Impact of Simulation-based Training in Intravascular Access (STIVA) for medical students on composite learner
outcomes- A Randomized Controlled Trial
Ramachandran R, Subramaniam R, Muthiah T, Kaur M, Bhoi D, Patel N, Kumar KR. Local Anesthetic Sparing Effect and
Analgesic Efficacy Of Intrathecal Morphine As Adjunct In Labor Analgesia: A Double-blind, Randomized Controlled Trial
ASA Abstract A2087 October 10
Dr. Manpreet Kaur