ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
ANSARI NAGAR, NEW DELHI-110 029
F.No.13-2/2009 - Acad.I Dated : 9.03.2009.
Subject : Recruitment to the posts of Senior Residents/Senior Demonstrators on ad-hoc basis for the tenure period as per Govt. of India’s Residency Scheme at the AIIMS, New Delhi.
Applications with complete bio-data for the tenure period, as per Govt. of India’s Residency Scheme, in the prescribed format, as available on the internet – www.aiims.ac.in / www.aiims.edu / www.aiimsexaminations.com / www.aiims.examinations.net are invited from Indian Citizens for the selection to the following posts of Senior Residents/Demonstrators which will become available between 01.01.2009 to 30.06.2009. The applications may be sent to the Examination Section, AIIMS, New Delhi-110 029, latest by 31.03.2009 along with its enclosures viz. DOB, MBBS/BDS/MD/MS/MDS/Ph.D/Diploma and Caste Certificate if any. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Senior Residents/Senior Demonstrators (including Non Academic Senior Residents those in super-specialty departments) (Medical) – A Postgraduate Degree/Diploma in respective discipline from recognized University/Institute.
2. Senior Demonstrator (Non-Medical) - Ph.D. in respective discipline from recognized University/Institute.
3. For Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology and Medical Physics (IRCH & Radiotherapy) both medical and non-medical candidates will be considered for the post of Senior Demonstrators.
4. Qualifications for the post of Laboratory Medicine: MD in Laboratory Medicine/ Pathology/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry from a recognized University/ Institute.
5. The candidates who have qualified their P.G/Diploma/Ph.D. exam. by (31.12.2008), are eligible to apply provided they complete their tenure of Junior Resident by _30.01.2009.
6. The candidates who are in service are required to submit their application through proper channel. The candidates will not be permitted to appear for Examination/ Interview if their applications have not been forwarded through proper channel.
1) Senior Resident/ Demonstrator (Medical):Rs.18750+6600 GP plus NPA and other usual allowances
2) Senior Demonstrator (Non Medical): Rs.16740+5400 PG plus other usual allowances
UPPER AGE LIMIT AS ON 31.03.2009:
Senior Residents and Senior Demonstrators 33 years, relaxable for SC/ST candidates upto a maximum period of five years. In the case of OBC candidates, such relaxation is for a maximum period of three years.
RESERVATION : Reservation will be provided in the above posts in accordance with Government of India provisions and all applicable directions of law. The reservation will be provided according to Post-Based Roster according to Rules of Govt. of India as approved by the Competent Authority.
APPLICATION FEE : The application fee for Gen. and OBC Candidate will be Rs.1000/- and that for SC/ST category will be Rs.800/- by demand draft only, in favour of Director, AIIMS, New Delhi.
SELECTION PROCEDURE :
a) The vacancies will be filled ONLY as per the choice of preference given by the applicant in the application form or in a separate letter. The candidates can give their choice of discipline in application form as per grouping shown later. A change in department will not be permitted once the candidate has joined.
b) Selections will be carried out by a Written Examination based on MCQs in the subject concerned (total marks 80) to be conducted for eligible Candidate on 26.04.2009 (Sunday) in Delhi only. The exact time and place will be intimated in due course of time through Admit Card.
c) Candidates who secure 50% marks or more in the Written Examination will be eligible for consideration for the Interview (20 marks). The total number of candidates called for the interview will be maximum of three times the number of posts available in the respective category.
d) The result of the written examination will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Examination Section at AIIMS on 28.04.2009. The Interviews will be held on 30.04.2009, 1.05.2009, 2.05.2009, 3.05.2009, 4.05.2009, 5.05.2009 and 6.05.2009 at 9.30 A.M. daily. The Candidates are required to bring their original certificates for Verification before they are allowed to appear for interview.
e) The Interview will carry 20 marks. There is no cut-off mark for the interview.
f) The merit list(s) for SC/ST/OBC/General shall be prepared on the basis of combined marks of written test and interview.
g) The selection will be made on basis of total merit list prepared for total marks(Written and Interview) for all posts in the concerned group and category and will be displayed on Notice Board of Examination Section as well as on the websites of AIIMS. After filling of available posts all remaining candidates shall be kept in the waiting list i.e. valid till 29 June, 2009 in respective categories. The Posts if it becomes available due to resignation or not joining by the Selected Candidates or any other reasons will be offered to the Candidates from the waiting list according to their merit and category. All candidates must leave two phone numbers and email / Fax no. with Academic Section for faster communication. The Waiting List will be prepared according to category of applicants and will also be displayed on the Institute website.
h) If there is any inadvertent error, then the same will be rectified in the next session.
The candidates who have already applied for the posts of Senior Residents/Senior Demonstrators against the Advertisement published on 03.12.2008 to 04.12.2008 will need to apply again and give choice of their subjects as counselling will NOT be held. Such candidates are required to provide copy of or indicate the Bank Draft No. Date & name of Bank on which draft is drawn.